Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Decision Thats Right

There are those who state that you cannot talk about the military, the actions taken or about to be taken about the military unless you have served in said military in some fashion and of course we know which side of the line tends to use this argument.

I have never believed in that argument and believe that it is nothing but a scapegoat used by the left to keep down those who disagree with their feelings of overwhelming hate that they constantly direct towards the war effort.

Now, for those of you who don’t know I signed up to be a Combat Engineer for the Army when I was 18 and left for basic in Fort Leonard Wood Missouri, January 2nd of 2001.

After a little more than a month of training I came down with what I later found out was severe bronchitis, which the doctors mistakenly identified as “Exercise induce Asthma”, after which I was subsequently discharged from the Army.

When I returned I continued to work out and keep in shape and while playing basketball at the local YMCA I totally destroyed my ACL in my right knee, putting me out of action for some time.

Now after 5 long years I will once again be able to pursue my dream and serve as a soldier in the greatest fighting force in the world, the United States Military.

I had recently been able to talk my beautiful fiancée Tracey, to let me rejoin the military, but in doing so I was restricted to the Navy or Air Force and I’m sure there are those liberals who will ask why I didn’t join one of the other branches, but those questions would only show that they have never had a fiancée or a wife and don’t understand what that entails.

I have been blessed with a great and supportive fiancée who has backed me ever bit of the way and she has given her approval to join the Army with the utmost haste.

I spent the better part of 2 hours yesterday afternoon speaking with one of the local recruiters about my options for re-entry into the armed forces and what I would have to do to realize my dream.

I have but one obstacle, I need to lose a doable 5 inches from my waist and my fiancée has given me a membership at a local fitness center for just that purpose.

So god willing and with your support I will be leaving for basic within the next 3 months. I have targeted 2 months for entry, but my recruiter wanted to be on the cautious side he chose 3 months.

I still have not decided which MOS or job that I will be choosing, but I will be checking them out over the next few days and because of my previous test scores I pretty much have my choice of occupations and will let you all know as soon as I decide.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to drop me a line and I thank you all for the support I know you will show me in my decision.

I believe in this country and I have no problem putting my life on the line to defend our flag, our way of life and the future of my daughter Caitlyn and my soon to be born son Aidan and every other innocent person in this country.

If you liberals don’t like, you can kiss my white Irish ass!



Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Open Trackbacks, just link to this post!

Others worth a read today -
Perri Nelson's Website, Right Wing Nation, Don Surber, The Hill Chronicles, Pirate's Cove, The Florida Masochist, Gribbit's Word, Conservative Cat, 123beta, Bullwinkle Blog, BIG DOGS WEBLOG,

Trackbacked with -
The Thunder Run - Web Reconnaissance for 12/28/2006.
Perri Nelson's Website - New York Times: Mission Accomplished.
Dumb Ox News - The Twelve Days of Christmas... Thank Goodness!
123beta - Finally, A Study I Can Get Behind.
Planck's Constant - TT 13 Ways Terrorists Can Avoid Arrest.
Pirate's Cove - Bush Admin Saving The Polar Bears From “Global Warming”.
Right Truth - John Edwards and Thomas Sowell on the 'have and have nots'.
The Hill Chronicles - Reid to miss former President Ford’s funeral.
Woman Honor Thyself - The AP is CountinG.
Mark My Words - Hopefully your employer values you more than this.
Mark My Words - How much money do you make blogging?
The Floria Masochist - Tenten ?-2006.
Mark My Words - How to be publicly stupid 101.
Perri Nelson's Website - A necktie party in Iraq.
The Hill Chronicles - An interesting turn of events and I hate being spa.
The Hill Chronicles - Happy New Year weekend OTA open post.

Also if you use trackbacks, be sure to join my Trackback Bloggers Blogroll.

No comments: