Monday, July 31, 2006

The IRA vs. Hezbollah/Hamas Round 3

I have listened to everyone’s point of view regarding this subject and I still come to the same conclusion that I did when I first wrote my original post.
You all can argue all you want, but I can never put the IRA on the same level as Hezbollah/Hamas. I’ve said this many times, but apparently I need to repeat myself once again, while no one questions that the IRA are terrorists, they are not religious fundamentals trying to change the world to follow their sick world view.
They do not come close to the utter barbaric behavior that seems to fester in the Muslim world, I have never once seen an Irishman cutting the head off a person and posting it on the internet while they pray to god, why not?, because that’s what savages do.
They have indeed killed innocent people and have targeted innocent people, but the vast majority of the time they actually attack and target the military and police with the civilians as collateral damage; this does not excuse the IRA’s action in any way.
Hezbollah and Hamas gleefully target civilians with no thought of the destruction that they create. They strap bombs to their children and send them into markets, ice cream shops and buses and than blow them up trying to kill as many innocent people as possible.
Ireland has been occupied by a foreign power for quite some time and the IRA has been fighting to end that. While do agree with the IRA in that the British should cede Ireland to the Irish, I cannot justify the means in which they are trying to achieve it.
The savages of the Middle East do not fight for any other reason then to oppress the world and would have everyone bow down before them or loose their heads.
Everyone is not going to like my views on this subject, but this is the way I feel. Everyone who frequents my blog knows that I am a staunch advocate of destroying terrorist where ever they are in the world, the IRA is included in this, and all I am doing is trying to demonstrate the differences between these organizations.

6 comments:

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

They are all linked and in cahoots with each other. That's why it's called a terrorist NETWORK.

lord brown mouse said...

why have you deleted so many of my comments?

Rightwing Guy said...

i have not deleted any

Unknown said...

I agree completely. I've seen this comparison often. What more and nore people need to do is get over the past. Stop comparing everything in the past to what is currently occuring.

No one is Hitler, because Hitler is dead.

lord brown mouse said...

RWG - As you believe that Northern Ireland should be integrated with the Republic Of ireland (despite this being against the wishes of the majority of the Northern Ireland population), do you think that the lands of North America should be ceded back to the North American Indians - who were pushed off their lands far later? LBM

Praguetwin said...

I tend to agree with Jenn.

Comparing Hezbollah to the IRA to try and make the administration look like hypocrits is pure folley.

Why not instead follow the arms and money from Saudi Arabia to the Sunni insugents in Iraq. Yes the same Saudi Arabia that the U.S. sellls arms to and calls a partner in the WOT.